Chaired by Brian Quinn, the committee’s purpose is to promote the conservation of the built heritage in Northern Ireland by enhancing the conservation knowledge and skills of architects and others.
How will this purpose be achieved
- Engage with the Historic Environment Division of the Department for Communities, other Government bodies and Local Councils.
- Prepare RSUA’s response to relevant consultations
- Develop RSUA position papers on policies impacting Northern Ireland’s built heritage
- Provide a collective expert view on conservation matters when called upon
- Co-ordinate RSUA’s input to European Heritage Open Days
- Engage and co-ordinate with other bodies in Northern Ireland and beyond who seek to promote the conservation of our built heritage
- Propose opportunities for learning, particularly for architects and university students. For example, topics and expert speakers for training events, resources for architects and building tours.
- Review the RSUA’s Conservation Courses and the route for further recognition of conservation expertise
The better conservation of our built heritage will deliver economic, social and cultural benefits to the public and enhance the sustainability of our built environment.
Committee membership and contact details
Conservation Committee Chair Brian Quinn firstname.lastname@example.org
|Brian Quinn||Education Authorityemail@example.com|
|Jonathan Baird||Central Procurement Directoratefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Johnny Booth||Irish Stoneemail@example.com|
|Jason Donaldson||Choice Housingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Keith Gilmour||Gilmour Architectsemail@example.com|
|Nicola Golden||Department for Communities|
|Nicholas Grove-Raines||Groves Raines Architects Edinburghfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Herron||MHA Architectsemail@example.com|
|Ryan Hood||Hamilton Architectsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alastair MacNab||Alastair MacNab Architectsemail@example.com|
|Keith McAllister||Queen’s University Belfastfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mark McCullough||McCullough Tottenemail@example.com|
|Jonathan McMillan||Isherwood & Ellis||J.McMillan@isherwood-ellis.com|
|Paul Mongan||Gregory Architectsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jim Mulholland||TODD Architectsemail@example.com|
|Marcus Patton||Hearth NIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Peter Robinson||Alastair Coey Architectsemail@example.com|
|Colin Shaw||WDR & RT Taggartfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Meeting frequency/pre-arranged dates
- 1pm on Thursday 17 September 2020
- 1pm on Wednesday 25 November 2020
- 1pm on Wednesday 10 February 2021
- 1pm on Wednesday 30 June 2021
- 1pm on Wednesday 29 September 2021
RSUA members who are interested in joining this committee should contact Jude Faloon email@example.com.
Find out More
Read the most up to date and relevant news articles relating to the Conservation Committee here