Chaired by Brian Quinn, the committee’s purpose is to promote the conservation of the built heritage in Northern Ireland by enhancing the conservation knowledge and skills of architects and others.
How will this purpose be achieved
- Engage with the Historic Environment Division of the Department for Communities, other Government bodies and Local Councils.
- Prepare RSUA’s response to relevant consultations
- Develop RSUA position papers on policies impacting Northern Ireland’s built heritage
- Provide a collective expert view on conservation matters when called upon
- Co-ordinate RSUA’s input to European Heritage Open Days
- Engage and co-ordinate with other bodies in Northern Ireland and beyond who seek to promote the conservation of our built heritage
- Propose opportunities for learning, particularly for architects and university students. For example, topics and expert speakers for training events, resources for architects and building tours.
- Review the RSUA’s Conservation Courses and the route for further recognition of conservation expertise
The better conservation of our built heritage will deliver economic, social and cultural benefits to the public and enhance the sustainability of our built environment.
Committee membership and contact details
Conservation Committee Chair Brian Quinn email@example.com
|Brian Quinn||Education Authorityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jonathan Baird||Central Procurement Directorateemail@example.com|
|Johnny Booth||Irish Stonefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jason Donaldson||Choice Housingemail@example.com|
|Keith Gilmour||Gilmour Architectsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nicola Golden||Department for Communities|
|Nicholas Grove-Raines||Groves Raines Architects Edinburghemail@example.com|
|Michael Herron||MHA Architectsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ryan Hood||Hamilton Architectsemail@example.com|
|Alastair MacNab||Alastair MacNab Architectsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Keith McAllister||Queen’s University Belfastemail@example.com|
|Mark McCullough||McCullough Tottenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jonathan McMillan||Isherwood & Ellis||J.McMillan@isherwood-ellis.com|
|Paul Mongan||Gregory Architectsemail@example.com|
|Jim Mulholland||Todd Architectsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Peter Robinson||Alastair Coey Architectsemail@example.com|
|Colin Shaw||WDR & RT Taggartfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Meeting frequency/pre-arranged dates
- 1pm on Wednesday 16 October 2019
- 1pm on Wednesday 5 February 2020
- 1pm on Wednesday 6 May 2020
RSUA members who are interested in joining this committee should contact Jude Faloon email@example.com.