Online CPD: Getting off the transport roundabout
Location: Online, via Youtube
Date: 09 February 2021
Start Time: 12:00 am
Available until 9th August 2021
Proposed RIBA Curriculum Topic: Places, Planning and communities
Planning is one of the biggest challenges for architects working in Northern Ireland and one of the most problematic aspects of the planning process is transport. To help members make the most of the current system and to achieve the best outcomes for our built environment, RSUA has organised this workshop with leading transport consultant Karen McShane, ‘Planning: Getting off the transport roundabout’.
• Overview of the transport assessment
• Development Control Advice Note (DCAN) 15
• New design documents in relation to roads and highways
• How to communicate effectively with Transport NI – in writing, by phone and face-to-face
• Maximising the benefit of Pre-Application Discussion with Transport NI
• The role of guidance, conflicts between different guides and how to approach a project that is not in line with an element of guidance
Karen is a chartered civil engineer and one of the leading transport consultants in Northern Ireland with extensive experience of transport assessments, travel plans, mobility management plans and planning appeals. Karen was previously Director of Transportation at RPS, is a past chair of the ICE Northern Ireland Region and is currently the chair of CIHT (NI).