We are seeking an Architect to join our team.
At Doherty Architects we focus on innovation and delivery of design quality. We are an established multi-award winning, design led architectural practice based in Belfast with over 50 years of experience.
Doherty Architects have established a core team of individuals who all contribute a wealth of expertise to each project, and we are currently seeking an architect to join our team. We aim to delivery exemplar projects based on our core principles of design quality, social responsibility, and commercial viability. We pride ourselves on utilising the latest technology having transitioned to designing all our projects in BIM since 2007, years ahead of the government’s BIM strategy. We were also one of the first practices, within Northern Ireland, to utilise VR as a core part of our design process.
We specialise in the delivery of commercial, community and educational projects and have a passion for finding the potential in retaining and reusing existing buildings. Our clients trust us to deliver high quality buildings using the best people, technical expertise, and digital technology.
- Act as project lead on projects from RIBA stages 0-7
- Develop designs and design concepts
- Design presentation and communication to clients
- Management of design team consultants
- NEC/ JCT contract administration
- Tender documentation and specification writing.
- General architectural administrative duties
- Maintaining documentation in line with our QA policies.
- Working as a part of the overall team to deliver high quality projects on time and within budget.
Base Skills Required:
- Portfolio demonstrating experience of having successfully led commercial, community or educational projects from RIBA stage 0-7
- Creative, adaptable, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to identify solutions and design opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and organize the design and delivery of projects
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts.
- Excellent English language communication skills.
- The ability to actively learn new skills and software when required.
- An overall understanding of BIM
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
Qualification requirements Architect:
- Fully Qualified ARB registered Architect
- Experience Post Part 3 working in an architect’s office
- Working knowledge of Archicad or Revit BIM software
- Driving Licence
At Doherty Architects we work closely and actively aid each other in learning new skills and expertise. Below are some of the skills which we will encourage the successful candidate to grow and develop with us:
- How to efficiently sketch ideas.
- Utilising Archicad to model efficiently and carry out quality assessments.
- BIM level 2 model delivery to ISO19650 standards.
- Creation of animations and renders.
- Utilising Virtual Reality as a part of the design process.
- Management of the NEC contract.
- Utilisation of BIM in site inspections.
- Full time Architect role
- Salary Negotiable and based on experience
If you are an enthusiastic and self-motivated Architect who enjoys taking responsibility, wishes to engage in the delivery of a projects through RIBA stage 0-7, has an eye for quality design and wants to progress their architectural skills and career as an Architect; please contact us at Info@doharch.com or 02890746386.
We look forward to hearing from you.