Senior Architect, Architect and Graduate Architect Dublin Studio
Job Ref: BDP102/RS
BPD are seeking architects at all levels who will revel in the opportunities provided by our stimulating, inter-disciplinary design studio in Dublin. We prioritise architectural quality and a commitment to understanding and delivering our clients requirements. You will have a unique opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of high profile designs across the hotel, retail, education, healthcare retail, workplace, aviation and residential sectors. This is a unique opportunity for ambitious Architect and good career progression awaits the correct candidates.
The successful candidate will:
Senior Architect Requirements:
- Be an Accredited member of the RIAI or RIBA Architect, with ideally a minimum of 8- 10 years post part 3 experience;
- Have relevant experience of new building or creative reuse in the sectors above;
- Be an excellent team worker, willing to take responsibility and capable of working under their own initiative;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills ;
- Excellent visualisation skills;
- Demonstrate a proven track record of participation in design competitions.
- Be on/ eligible for the RIAI Register of Architects - with a minimum of 3 years Post Professional Practice Examination experience.
- Applicants should have a passion for architectural design, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and enjoy working in motivated team environments;
- Have relevant cross sector experience in design development, detailing and contract management experience;
- A detailed working knowledge of Irish Planning, Building Regulation and Building Control Legislation;
- Have excellent CAD, Photoshop and InDesign skills - as the first BRE accredited BIM practice in Ireland, candidates should be reasonably proficient in Revit. Revit training will also be provided to successful candidates.
Graduate Architect Requirements:
- Have excellent design and presentational skills using a variety of media;
- Possess the ability to communicate verbally in a clear manner;
- Have the ability to communicate ideas compellingly through drawings;
- Be enthusiastic for team working;
- Have recently graduated;
- As the first BRE accredited BIM practice in Ireland, a 'REVIT Certified Professional' qualification is desirable but not essential.
Your personal skills:
- Highly motivated and passionate about delivering projects to time, budget and quality;
- Organised and methodical with particular attention to detail;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure;
- Have a pragmatic approach and possess strong problem solving techniques;
- Be commercially aware;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across all professional disciplines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, engineers and designers working together to create outstanding 'places for people'. Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Canada, the MENA region, India, and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors and has over 1000 awards for design quality.
In return, BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, employee profit shares, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
To apply for this role please e-mail a CV, 5 page portfolio and covering letter marked for the attention of Michael Mullen to firstname.lastname@example.org
BDP is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.