RSUA/RIBA Member Benefits
If you are based in Northern Ireland you are automatically a joint member of RSUA and RIBA and therefore get the benefits of being a member of both organisations.
The Royal Society of Ulster Architects strives to enhance Northern Ireland’s built environment for the benefit of all through the promotion of architecture. We are also focused on nurturing architectural talent and helping to create working conditions that allow architects to flourish in this region of Ireland and the UK. Your membership enables RSUA to:
- Provide extensive learning opportunities for architects in Northern Ireland. Our programme is guided by our Continuous Professional Development Committee. Some CPD is free but where there is a fee, members receive a 10% discount and practices subscribed to the RSUA Practices Services Scheme receive a 25% discount.
- Avail of a wide range of talks, building tours and the annual study trip.
- Bring people together in unique venues to celebrate architecture at Architecture Night
- Organise the Perfectly Proportioned Quiz of Architecture and Other Things
- Host the Senior Luncheon Club on a monthly basis
- Connect architects in their initial years after qualification through the Early Career Architects Forum
- Promote the role of females in the profession through RSUA Women in Architecture
Promotion of architecture
- Run the Ask An Architect initiative which raises funds for charity and raises the profile of the role of the architect
- Co-ordinate the RSUA Design Awards annually to showcase the best architecture in NI
- Present the Annual Building Inspiration Lecture which attracts architects of international renown
Working conditions that allow architects to flourish
- Give members the opportunity to meet with clients
- Engage with Government on key issues raised by members, like public procurement and planning
- Develop policy papers on the future of the built environment
RIBA will support you and your work with networking opportunities and everyday practical tools and resources. RIBA sets the standard for educational and professional excellence globally with members all over the world. RIBA will represent your views, focus on the issues that matter most to you and will campaign to protect you and your profession. As a member you will have access to a wide range of valuable benefits:
Your professional development
- Free RIBA Journal digital and/or print version
- Free or up to 50% discount on training events and talks
Resources for your work
- Free Industry standard publications including RIBA Plan of Work valued at £350
- 50% off Digital RIBA professional services and building contracts, guides and admin forms
- JCT contract administration forms
- CDM 2015 templates and guides
Support for your work
- Use of the RIBA crests
- Specialist advice by phone from experts legal, professional and technical issues
- Continual lobbying of the UK Government on the issues that affect you and your practice each day.
- The forthcoming ‘Work with an Architect’ marketing campaign, explaining to domestic clients what a Chartered Architect does
- Exclusive access to our digital Covid-19 hub which provides you with a suite of resources and information. The content is wide ranging and regularly updated.
- The members only RIBA Recovery Roadmap divided into three phases: Response, Recovery, Resilience.
Retail, leisure and lifestyle offers
- Discounts on a wide range of everyday products and services
How to access RIBA benefits
To log-in you will need the email address you registered with, or your RIBA Membership number if you have one, which you can check on your membership card. You will also need your password.
Trouble logging into you RIBA account?
Call the RIBA Membership Services team on +44 (020) 7307 3800 or email email@example.com for assistance.