The Climate Change Committee are launching their advice to Government on setting the UK’s 6th Carbon Budget on Wednesday 9th December with two events, including one which is specific to Northern Ireland. Carbon Budgets are required under the Climate Change Act and the advice will provide ministers with the Committee’s recommendations on the level of greenhouse gases the UK cam emit during the period 2033-2037 including – for the first time – the detailed pathway to meet the UK’s Net Zero target in 2050.
- Sixth Carbon Budget Launch – The Path to Net Zero event – 9th December 10 – 11.30pm | link to sign up
- What the Sixth Carbon Budget means for Northern Ireland – 9th December 3 – 4pm | link to sign up
In the week that follows – there are 5 additional webinars for sectors
Register below for the Unpacking the Sixth Carbon Budget series:
- 14 December at 10:00 | The transition for buildings | link to sign up
- 14 December at 14:00 | The transition for energy | link to sign up
- 15 December at 10:00 | The transition for manufacturing, construction and fossil fuel supply | link to sign up
- 15 December at 14:00 | The transition for transport | link to sign up
- 16 December at 10:00 | The transition for agriculture and land use | link to sign up
Once you have registered and your place has been confirmed, you will be sent a unique link to join the webinar(s) you have selected.