On Friday 28 May 2021 RSUA met to hold its AGM to conduct the following business:
- Minutes of 2020 AGM held on 29 May 2020
- Annual Report
- Accounts for year ended 31 March 2021
- Appointment of Auditors
- Appointment of President-elect
- Outcome of Council Elections
Appointment of President-elect
There was only one nomination for the post of President-elect. Paul McAlister will begin a one-year term as President-elect from May 2021 until May 2022. In May 2022 Paul will become RSUA President for a two-year term.
Outcome of Council Elections:
The following people stood down from RSUA Council in 2021:
- Aisling Shannon Rusk
- Clive Henning
- Wayne Hazlett
There were seven seats available on RSUA Council in 2021 for chartered members. Seven nominations were received, therefore there was no election. The following five chartered members were re-elected to Council for a three-year term:
- Alan Jones
- Trevor Leaker
- Karen Crilly
- Martin Hare
- James Grieve
Two chartered members were elected to Council for the first time:
- Cathal Fearon
- Catherine Mallon
- Associate Member Representative: There was one Associate Member Representative seat available on RSUA Council for 2021. Nominations were received from Daíthí MacLaimhin and Kevin McPeake. Following an election within the Associate Membership group, Kevin McPeake has been elected. This is a one-year term.
- University Representatives: Rory Caithness will be the new Ulster University Representative for one year and Sarah Lappin will continue to be the Queen’s University Representative for one year.
- Student Representatives: The QUB & UU Student Representatives will be confirmed in due course.
- RIAI Observer: Derek Meenan will continue to be the RIAI Observer for one year.
- Other co-options: These will be discussed at the first Council meeting in June 2021.