RSUA joined a range of other organisations for a video conference with the Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon MLA to discuss green and blue infrastructure, following the announcement of £20m in capital funding in the period to the end of this financial year.
RSUA proposed a range of ideas to the Minister including:
- undertaking feasibility studies on specific proposed changes to the urban and rural environment,
- changing transport infrastructure to support active travel for at least one school cluster
- developing orchards in each town and village across Northern Ireland,
- creating cycle priority neighbourhoods,
- purchasing property and land with view to use in re-connecting communities and increasing green space,
- increasing provision of air-quality monitoring stations,
- investing in the energy efficiency of DfI building stock.
If RSUA members have any specific projects that could avail of this funding and ensure its delivery within the required timescale, please contact email@example.com.